Blog Hero

Volunteer Appreciation Open House Held

Schedule a Tour

BV vol appreciation 4aOn April 16, Bethany Village hosted a volunteer appreciation open house honoring 226 volunteers of which 60% are Bethany Village residents and the remaining 40% are members from the community at large.

The volunteers make a large impact on the organization contributing 33,553 hours of service with a contributing value of $645,224 in 2014.  While we can count the volunteers and their hours, we cannot directly quantify the love and support that they provide to our residents, patients and clients.  Needless to say, we could not reach our faithful caring goals with out their generous efforts.

At the open house, Bill Serr, Graceworks Lutheran Services President and CEO, expressed his gratitude for the volunteers’ efforts.

The dedicated volunteers perform a variety of tasks.  This variety makes it possible for a volunteer to do something they enjoy and that has personal meaning to them.   These tasks are listed below.

Bethany Village is a better place thanks to our dedicated volunteers. We extend the most sincere gratitude and appreciation to each volunteer.  Thank you for your compassionate service given each and every day.

Bethany mail carriers Bethany chorus Exercise class
Reminder phone calls Veterans’ events Transitions group
Special event helpers Librarians Holiday decorators
Council members Chaplain Bethany TV
Proofreaders Friendly visitors Book cart
Tour guides Pastoral services Joke teller
Computer entry Rosary Food server
Tea room Church services Dining room helper
Videotaping Memorial services Resident luncheons
Stephen Ministers Bible study Knitters and crocheters
Wii bowlers Plant care Wheelchair transporters
Flower arrangers Readers Volunteer office
Socials Alma’s Shop Current events
Receptionists Pet therapy Program assistants
Bingo callers Engraving Bridge players
Pokeno callers Shredders Committee volunteers
Bridge players Activity assistants Mexican domino callers
Community service Trivia Card game leaders
Marketing office Crafts Wright State volunteers
Welcoming Popcorn cart Musical entertainers
Book club Accounting Travel presenters
Scribes Gratuity committee Laundry
Envelope stuffers Food committee Kitchen helpers
Gift shop Menu helper Hearing aid repair
Gift cart Pianist Class instructors
Administrative Organist Marketing ambassadors

BV vol appreciation 2aBV vol appreciation 1a

BV vol appreciation 5a

Written by Bethany Lutheran Village

More Articles By Bethany Lutheran Village
instagram facebook facebook2 pinterest twitter google-plus google linkedin2 yelp youtube phone location calendar share2 link star-full star star-half chevron-right chevron-left chevron-down chevron-up envelope fax